12.07.2005

I'm am almost officially 26. It will be official in about an hour. Aside from the fact that I had to get up early, early, early to go to a 3 month probation review for a kid who didn't show up, it hasn't been bad. Oh...there was the greeting I got this morning at work. The signs read as follows. "Happy Birthday Angie B. December 9." I proceeded to take my handy dandy magic marker and cross out the 9 and insert a 7. However, Jesus did answer my birthday request. I asked for December to feel like December...and isn't it a BEAUTIFUL winter's day! I'm so excited about the cold, and my coat, hat, gloves, and scarf! Brilliant. :) But enough about that.

I've been trying, and succeeding somewhat, for that past couple of days to mull over year number 25 of my life. A 2 days ago, I realized that probably isn't a good idea for me to spend too much time doing because inevitably I end up wondering if my life thus far has been a long series of mistakes and wrong decisions...all culminating in my current position in life. Not necessarily a happy thought. I can't justify that as a good use of time so last night I decided to just think about all the things I have to be thankful for...and the list was long. Why brood in a melancholy manner over things when I can rejoice?! Why was time in worthless speculation when I can live.

Father,
Thank you for another birthday. Help me to spend my days growing in a deeper knowledge of you and bringing you honor. After all, this life is Yours...not mine. Live it through me.
Amen.