5.03.2005

So I'm in my office talking with my co-worker, Jimm, when we here running and a bang. My locked door flies open followed by retreating footsteps and laughter. Yes...the high school challenge class (aka any kid on campus who is too out of control to leave in the regular JJAEP classroom) has kicked in my door, ruining the door, and breaking the lock. Kids have broken into my office before, but this is the first time they've kicked in my door. Of course, they all develop amnesia as soon as they are faced with someone owning up to the crime. The class tried to blame it on this "vertically challenged" kid. He's an African American teenager who is only about 3 feet tall. Some other kids in that class abuse the poor kid. For instance, they were seen by Jimm, following this incident, holding him by the back of the neck, kicking him, and telling him to confess to kicking in my door. Honestly, I'm not sure if he could get his leg up that high. So here I am...waiting for my door to get measured so they can order a new one that will probably take 6 months to get here and installed. Whatever...but the state of Texas requires that counselors keep their confidential records behind two locked doors. I've only got one locked door now. Hopefully we don't get surprised with an audit. Yeah. It's only Tuesday.