5.04.2005

People of America!!! Or at least those who read this blog...
REPORT CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT! Don't think it isn't your business. If your child reports seeing things in the house that make it unsafe (ie. drugs, weapons, etc), don't discount it or gripe them out. Encourage them to tell you what's going on.

I say this because I just got gripped out by an angry mother. Her son was in my office helping my fill out a CPS report on the mother of a friend of his. He's seen drugs and weapons in the house as well as the filthy state of the house. He reports it to me...we fill out a report...he calls to get the exact address...and voila. I'm in hot water with his mom. She's yelling at him and me on the phone...and he's probably going to be in trouble when he gets home.

If you even think something isn't right with a child, ask them, listen to them, and REPORT it. If you don't, you are just as responsible for whatever happens to that child. Every child deserves a chance. Don't take it away from them.

That is all.