4.27.2005

Lucas shared something last night at Mezzanine that really blew my mind. He related something one of his seminary professors had told him. He talked about God being omnipresent. He is geographically omnipresent...He is all around every piece of His creation...around every blade of grass...over the whole earth...around every star and galaxy in the entire universe... That's a sizable chunk of reality to grasp in and of itself. But since God is omnipresent, He is also in every piece of the past and the future right now. Yeah. Wow. So since that is true, God may be working out a prayer I'll pray tomorrow for the past 25 years of my life. I know that makes little sense, but it's amazing. Lucas used a story like this to illustrate the point. Let's say a man is in an airport about to board a plane to fly home. He arrived three hours prior in order to check his baggage, etc. As the airport employee was driving the cart of luggage to this particular plane, the man's bags fall off. Three hours later, the man prays that God would allow him a safe trip home with now hang ups, lost luggage, delays, etc. So...God taps the luggage car driver on the shoulder and makes him look back and notice the luggage that has fallen off so he stops and picks it up. All this happens in a three hour time span...in our frame of reference...but for God, since he is not bound by time and space, it is different. He is fully there in that last three hours as well as being fully in the present as the man is praying and fully in the future. Wow. So who am I to say that God isn't listening to me or that He doesn't answer me. I'm finite. He is not! That is simply amazing. I know I've heard stuff like this a million times before, but for some reason, last night it just hit me...that's how big my God is! Makes me thankful that I belong to Him. While this may not make much sense, I don't suppose it is really supposed to. I don't really think it can be coherently explained. It's just more proof of how God confounds the wisdom of men! My Dad is Amazing.