3.22.2005

Realization #356

...or something like that. What an incredible stressful few days...but what lessons were learned. During my countless hours in the surgical waiting room, I observed something. We were visiting with one of the most awesome girls I have ever known about life in general. She told my sister, as she was dealing with a less than encouraging update by one of the surgical nurses, that she married someone she couldn't live without and that's why this hurt so much. She then relayed a story of one of her close friends. She told this girl, "I married someone I could live with. You married someone you couldn't live without. I wish I'd have done that." Hmmm. I got to thinking as the hours slipped slowly off the clock. I want that too. I've had the priviledge of being surrounded by awesome marriages...my parents...my sisters...my friends... I've learned a ton from observing them. This has contributed to my perceived "pickyness". That's really not it at all. I'm just waiting for the man I can't live with out...and if he never comes, then that's okay. I've got the only One I'll ever need. I've seen too many friends settle for guys that were there, and their marriages are less than desirable, void of real meaning, or altogether down the toilet. I don't want anything mediocre. I want something amazing. So...as I sat in that room trying to comfort/support my sister as best I could...I came to terms with something. Not really sure what yet...but I am content to walk on with my Father and wait to be amazed.

By the way...Ben's doing well. He's in a room and should be released from the hospital at the end of this week. God is absolutely good and in the middle of all this. It was incredible to get to watch Him work knowing He was acting on behalf of the prayers of His people. I'm so proud to be His!