2.07.2005

Ummm...yes.

Ever have one of those days where it's a little hard to get going...but when you do...it's like you're off in the race of your life and you're actually doing well?! Well...today has been one of those days. I have a massive amount of assessments to do with my kids before Friday since we'll be starting the group phase of my job next week...by massive amount I mean like 50 assessments which I only have about 15 done. Yikes. I could crank them out like nothing else, but they wouldn't be thorough leading to less than fabulous feelings about myself as a clinician. In order to get kids in the services they need, I must be thorough...even if I spend an entire afternoon with ONE kid. Hey...they have a ton of issues, and I'm only one person. There's only so much I can do! Nevertheless...today I feel like a good therapist. I feel like I've actually identified specific needs and am working effectively to get those needs delt with. I also am becoming more confident in my skills/intuition. When I first started this job...or actually counseling anyone...I felt like the biggest idiot ever. I seriously even considered changing professions about 40 hours into my 48 hour master's program. Not the best timing. But all things considered...I see growth an improvement over the past 6 months in my skills as well as my satisfaction with the job. And that is nice. I don't mind coming to work every day. I actually like my job...and that is good...considering how much I hated substitute teaching! Anyway, everything may hit the fan tomorrow, but today has been a good day. And for that I am truly thankful. Hope your Monday was as fulfilling as mine.