2.23.2005

Marathons and Soapboxes

I feel like I've just run a marathon...four groups of kids in one day... I could never be a teacher and have to deal with this ALL day long. I do enjoy these guys though...today at least.

Anyway, I don't really have anything to write about. I was tired of looking at the last post. So...I'll...I don't know. I'd do a little dance, but you won't be able to see that. It is almost quitting time...so that's good. And the American Idol results show is on tonight. That's even better.

So my brother-in-law is having surgery in a couple of weeks in scenic Houston, Texas. Blah. But he needs type specific blood for the surgery. So I'm donating since I share his blood type...as his my sister (his wife), his mom, and grandmother. Only thing is that blood has to be given at least 3 days before the surgery. I could donate here and have it shipped...BUT...it costs a whopping 2 grand to ship blood!!!!!! Highway robbery. You'd think since we are trying not to deplete the blood bank that they would do it for free or a nominal fee at least. So it's much cheaper to get to Houston, give blood, and get back so I can work a couple of days before returning to Houston for the surgery. Ugh. So here's a big thank you to the people who are complicating my life all for the cause of helping my brother-in-law out.

So...if anyone wants to make a marathon trip to Houston with me, I need company...and maybe someone to drive after I donate.

Happy Wednesday!