2.14.2005

It's only a Monday...

So I just got a call from my co-worker's girlfriend/fiance. And by co-worker I mean the guy who is my immediate "supervisor" slash team leader...and his team has only one member...that being me. We are the only two with our agency with offices in our particular building/location so forth and so on. I apologize if that rant made absolutely NO sense. Now back to the original story.

So his girlfriend called to ask if I would be on the lookout today for his Valentine. You see...he's out today with a lovely migraine headache. So I am picking up his gift when it comes so she doesn't have to pay the fees to get the delivery changed. Oh, life...you are full of strange phone calls. I don't have problem with this...since she's a lovely person, and I happen to enjoy working with my "boss". I just found this highly amusing since today is only a Monday, and I really don't see the point in recognizing it as Valentine's Day or Singles Awareness Day. (Sidenote--I do realize that I used the aforementioned phrase in last Friday's post. Therefore, my declaration of not recognizing this day as anything other than Monday is a decision that was made this morning. So now you know. I really need better material. I'll work on that.)

Does it really matter? No would be my answer to that. Would the world end if we didn't have Valentine's Day? Now if they start declaring it a holiday in which I don't have to work...then I'll start caring. So to commemorate this non-holiday, I will listen to my all-Spanish Ricky Martin album, "Vuelve", at least twice today. Anyway, before I step up on yet another soapbox, I shall end this slightly odd and rambling story, and let you, dear reader, get on with your day. I hope it is a lovely one. So here's wishing you a...Happy Monday.