2.28.2005

Big Head.

It's an absolutely beautiful day here in the metroplex. Not to hot...not to chilly...PERFECTION. As I was leaving my office today for my usual Monday drive to South Arlington to meet with my supervisor, the middle school girls' class was playing in front of the building...throwing rocks. The Behavior Interventionist supervising the class was telling the girls not to throw rocks just as I was walking out of the building to the parking lot. Her words were still hanging in the air when a 13-year-old looked at me and asked, "Can we throw rocks at you?" I said no...of course. Then she finished her sentence with, "...because you have a big head." Ouch. I spent the next 20 minutes in my car telling myself that my head is normal sized...it's not abnormally large...why did she say that...who does she think she is telling me my head is large...her head is the same size...yada...yada...yada. All this was happening while I was replaying scenes from an old Seinfeld episode in my mind...the one where Elaine is dating the guy that breaks up badly, and he tells her that she's got a big head, and it gives her a complex...then a bird dive-bombs her head when she's in the park. Suddenly I had an epiphany of sorts. Why is a comment made by a teenage girl...with raging hormones...from the JJAEP getting to me? Who really cares?! Does it ruin an already wonderful day? NO. I happen to think my head is just fine. So there. My big head is going to go on and enjoy the day.