1.27.2005

Live Fearlessly

True fearlessness is acting inspite of fear not the absence of fear. It's not being hindered by fear and boldly taking action.

I was listening to Chris Tomlin's new CD "Arriving"...a must have...and in one of the songs he talks about being the man he was created to be. The chorus goes something like this.

"I want to live like there is no tomorrow. I want to dance like no one's around. I want to sing like noboby's listening before I lay my body down. I want to give like I have plenty. I want to love like I'm not afraid. I want to be the man I was meant to be. I want to be the way I was made."

This is particularly poignant to me being that many times I let myself be held captive by fear...fear of what those around me may thing, that I may be considered odd, etc. But I got to thinking. This is really the way we were created to be. To live fearlessly for Christ knowing that nothing matters but bringing HIM glory. Profound...right? I've known this for awhile, and still I wonder sometimes why I live fearfully instead of fearlessly.

Well...I've decided that I'm going to dance even though someone may see, sing at the top of my lungs regardless of who hears or how it sounds, give like I have all the resources in the world, really love all those the LORD has placed in my life even though I may get hurt...I'm going to be bold. Or at least I'm going to try. I want the freedom of not caring what everyone else thinks. All that matters is what my FATHER thinks. His opinion trumps everyone elses so I'm only going seek HIS approval. I think we would all see a change if we really fought the hinderances that hold us back in our lives.

Many times, they've been there so long we don't even notice them anymore...much less resist. But really...what would happen if we all fought back? Can you imagine? If true Christ followers resisted the evil that strives to make us ineffective...if we stopped heeding that voice that sounds an awful lot like our voice which tells us to be quiet when we should speak or act...if we lived like we have nothing to lose... I don't think the world could handle the revolution that would follow such a force. That's power. If we all threw off those chains Paul talks about and walked in the freedom of the LORD... I'm going to give it a try...and try until I get it right. Anyone else up for an adventure?