12.23.2004

Enchiladas and Novelas

So last night, Melissa and I spent an evening with our beautiful friend, Lili. We had an evening of homemade Mexican food, Mexican hot chocolate, speaking spanglish, and discovered the fascinating world of novelas...also known as Spanish soap operas. I highly recommend one entitled Amor Real. I think I only understood about five words in the entire show, but they are so passionate in their expressions and acting that you can totally follow the story. It's amazing. Spanish is absolutely more dramatic/passionate than English. Lili filled us in on the story line...very interesting. Not nearly as trashy as our daytime soap operas. You should give them a watch...as least once. Amor Real is on Univision at about 8 at night. Before that you can catch Rubi...but I liked Amor Real better. As a result, I am now sitting in my office listening to Vuelve...which is an all Spanish Ricky Martin album...yikes...I may be a little carried away! Hasta luego!